Evangelists Developing Evangelists
Advance Groups promote and develop the calling of evangelists through a commitment to the proclamation of the Gospel and the support of those who proclaim the good news.
Advance grew out of a vision from evangelist Andy Hawthorne (The Message Trust in England) to gather 10-12 evangelists to develop and sharpen them; to encourage other experienced evangelists to do likewise, with those being mentored to eventually take on groups of their own.
Is an Advance Group for You?
- Do you have faith that the gospel has lost none of its power, and is the only way by which a person can know true life and salvation?
- Do you desire to communicate the gospel with clarity, through personal conversations or preaching from a platform?
- Do you long for opportunities to offer an invitation to receive the hope of the gospel, and see people move into eternal relationship with Jesus?
Principles of Advance Groups
- Regular meetings.
- Creating opportunity for healthy dialog about evangelism, and a commitment to studying the Bible for a deeper knowledge of the gospel.
- Honest self evaluation through questionnaires and sharing within the group time.
- Keeping each other up to date with preaching engagements, prayer requests, and stories of salvation.
- A commitment to explore the idea of multiplication with a view to taking on your own group.